Thursday 9 February 2012

Poem

I was giving a reading of some of my poems yesterday - mostly the comic poems that I do quite enjoy composing, but one or two others as well. I think it was quite well received, but the one poems that I was asked to read again was really a prayer, which I'm happy to offer to what might (who knows?) be a larger audience out there in the blogosphere :-

The strength to hold on firmly,
The courage to let go;
The wisdom that knows when it's "Yes",
And when it must be "No";
The gentle voice of comfort,
Stern words to set us right;
Clear vision to discern the way,
And light to guide at night;
A love that shares our sorrows,
A grace to heal our sin;
A world of beauty round us,
The breath of life within:
For all your blessings, Father,
We praise your name today -
With songs of courage in our hearts,
We'll walk the pilgrim way.

No comments:

Post a Comment