Tuesday 24 January 2012

Words inspired by Psalm 63

I drag my wearied feet
in a parched and arid land,
and my body is wasted with longing, and
my eyes ache, and yearn to see -
to see your glory,
and to know you in power and might,
that I might dwell in the blessed places
where your praise is ever sung.

I am eager for you,
with a heart athirst for you,
and for a love that is better than life. My heart
is filled with desire for blessing, and I lift
my hands, lift them again in prayer.

And this I know, and for this my heart shall praise you:
I am safe in the shadow of your wings.

All the world about me is in turmoil,
and the voices of hate and rage grow ever louder;
I see that they grow fat and mighty
who have chosen the way of the sword
(let them die by that sword),
yet I am safe, and shall be safe
in the shadow of your wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment