Monday 9 January 2012

Hens In Tank Tops

I've just called to see my friend Glad Jones . . . always a good visit, and there's always something strange and unusual to delight in in the course of conversation. She revealed she's busy knitting little woolly jumpers for hens - honestly, this is true! These are ex-battery hens, and they are often missing areas of feather cover on the breast and back. She showed me a photo of a hen dressed in the new gear, and it really does look like a tank top! Very early eighties in style. I should have stolen the picture so that I could reproduce it here, but you'll just have to imagine it instead.

For anyone reading this who doesn't know Glad and would like to, her article each month in 'The Bridge', the Llandrinio (Powys) community magazine, is always a source of interest and amusement. Find it at www.llandrinio.org.uk!

No comments:

Post a Comment