Thursday 21 June 2012

Rainy Day Thoughts

This doesn't seem to be much of a summer thus far, and, after a couple of fairly nice days, this morning we've been back in the rainshadow!  And I've been feeling rather down all day, not helped by some strange dreams last night, some annoying occurrences through the day, a feeling of not getting anywhere much, and one or two discouraging messages and comments.

So I set out for choir practice this evening not feeling at all happy.  There are several concert and other events coming up, and I'd decided that I really didn't feel confident, I'd missed too many practices, and I ought to opt out.  "Are you going to sign up or not?" Ann asked me, as we arrived.  "I'll give it till half time," I replied, "then I'll see how I feel."

Well, music worked its usual trick.  I do just love to sing, and the notes seemed to be falling into all the right places tonight.  By half time I was quite content to put my name down for everything.  I do always have a song in my heart, of course - sometimes I just need to work a little harder at getting it to flow through the rest of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment