Thursday 12 April 2012

Swallow

On my way to a meeting today, I had a lot on my mind, decisions to take, thoughts to marshall, ideas to assess (not to mention trying to drive safely on a busy road). But then, unmistakably, flitting across the carriageway, my first swallow of the season! Apologies to those who have been watching them for ages, but this is definitely the first I've seen and I'm going to shout about it!

One swallow does not make a summer, and I suspect this one may well b e thinking better of its foray into the far(ish) north once cold and biting northerly winds strike up over the weekend and into next week. But it cheered me up no end. The message I received is simply this: life goes on, there's always something to hope for and strive towards, there's always a fresh start to make. However old and decrepit I may become in body, I hope that will always be the direction of my spirit: towards summer, and in expectant hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment