Tuesday 17 April 2012

Bang To Rights

I was pulled up for speeding locally by one of the unmarked cars a few weeks back. I was on something of a mercy mission and simply had my eyes off the ball, not thinking about the 30 limit. I can't complain, and am very disappointed in myself. I take speed limits as seriously as any other aspect of the laws of our land and normally keep firmly to them - not least because I've seen what speed does to people - drivers, passengers, pedestrians - when there are accidents. But I would just want to say that there have been several occasions since then when I have observed marked and unmarked police vehicles exceeding speed limits. No problem when the blue light is flashing and there's an emergency to attend - but surely at other times the police should be subject to the same rules of the road as everyone else, and indeed should be setting an example to others?

No comments:

Post a Comment